What Personally Identifiable Information (PII) do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When registering or ordering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, credit card information or other details to assist with your experience and purchase.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you surf the site, register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- Provide the services, access to products, and renew subscription-based services you have purchased;
- Provide customer support. While providing you with customer support we may also gather additional information from you to investigate technical issues, and respond to your support questions;
- Communicate regularly with you about events, products and other services we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving emails by clicking unsubscribe link provided in the email.
- Analyze customer characteristics (e.g., types and size of companies) and customer use of our products and services, at an aggregated- level, to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing products and services, to develop new products and services, for business development, and for marketing communications.
How is your information protected?
We take appropriate security measures, including but not limited to, malware scanning, SSL, PCI compliant credit card processing, inc. to protect against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your information. We have taken steps to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, availability, and resilience of systems and services processing personal information, and will restore the availability and access to information in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
We will retain personal information, customer and business information for as long as it is needed to:
- Provide products and services you have requested;
- To communicate with you about a request you have made;
- To enable you maintain an account with us, provided you have not otherwise requested that we delete your information;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to demonstrate compliance, and to enforce our rights and agreements.
Fair Information Practices:
In the event of a data breach: You will be notified, via email, within 7 business days. We agree to the Individual Redress Principle.
Do Not Track Signals:
We do not honor Do Not Track signals.
We use ‘cookies’:
- Help you navigate our website or online products;
- Personalize and provide a more convenient experience to you;
- Analyze which pages you visit, which features you are using in our technical solutions, and which consumer privacy tools you use;
- Provide features such as social sharing widgets and videos;
- Measure advertising and promotional effectiveness;
- Assess which areas of our site you visit to remarket to you after you leave our site;
We may also use trusted third-party service providers that track this information on our behalf. You control how your computer treats/handles cookies through your browser settings. If you turn cookies off, it shouldn’t affect your experience.
Videos and other features on our site use Flash cookies to collect and store your preferences such as sound volume. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile demographics regarding user interactions with interest reporting, such as ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add-on.
How We Share Your Personal Information:
We may make your personal information, customer information, or business information available to companies that provide services to assist with our business activities, such as website analytics or offering customer service. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information, customer information, or business information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information, customer or business information as follows:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take commercially reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal, customer, or business information to third parties as part of a legal process. We may also be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including requests from national security or law enforcement authorities.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a written government request;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
In Compliance with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by emailing us. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you reasonable access to any of your personal information we maintain within 30 days of your access request. We provide this access so you can review, make corrections, or request deletion of your data. If we cannot honor your request within the 30-day period, we will tell you when we will be able to provide access. In the unlikely event that we cannot provide you access to this information, we will explain why we cannot do so.
This site does not specifically target or market to children under the age of 13 years old.
If you have any questions regarding this policy you can use the site’s Contact Page to contact us.
Additional Information from PowerPhone:
This statement outlines the information that PowerPhone collects from you when registering for classes on our website, how your information is used and the steps we take to protect your information.
Information We Collect
When you register for a class or buy products on PowerPhone.com, we collect the following information:
- Agency or Company
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number
- E-mail Address
- Website Address
How We Use This Information
All personally identifying information PowerPhone, Inc. collects from you is used for the purpose of processing your order. Your e-mail address is used to send you a confirmation e-mail after you complete the registration process. If you choose to let us do so, PowerPhone, Inc. may also use your e-mail address to notify you of upcoming classes in your area. At times, we may use your information to statistically analyze the use of our site, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our content and services to better meet your needs. Your personally identifying information is not used to monitor your activities on our site. In addition, we do not sell, trade or rent your personally identifying information to third parties. We may, however, disclose certain non-identifying aggregated information to third parties about the users of our services. We will not use your personally identifying information for any purpose other than as set forth herein unless we believe in good faith such disclosure is required by law or to protect our rights, or the safety or rights of other users or the public.
Secure transmission of data is important to PowerPhone, Inc. When you register for classes on PowerPhone.com, we use industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) for all transmission of your data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100 percent secure, but PowerPhone, Inc. uses its best commercially reasonable efforts to use the most current data security technology available to protect your information, and to continue to implement the best security methods as they become available. Therefore, PowerPhone, Inc. cannot be held directly responsible if your information is captured or intercepted by outside parties. If such a situation should arise, PowerPhone, Inc. may, but shall not be obligated, to pursue legal avenues and courses of action to remedy the situation and prosecute the offending party or parties.
Links to Other Sites