Sharing teachable moments is a cornerstone of our commitment to ongoing training and improvement. Long-term learning scenarios inform our processes, both for Total Response call assessment and for Dispatch U students performing in-depth breakdowns of audio excerpts during our courses.
We see the power of peer-to-peer learning every day, which is why we’re asking for your help. We have an ongoing need of emergency calls for service that illustrate teaching points within courses we develop. Since we’re constantly refreshing our course content, we always need more calls.
We’re looking for audio files of your best teachable moments recorded from real public safety calls.
As a token of appreciation for audio submissions, our Training Audio Reward program gives your donating agency one complimentary course admission for each audio clip accepted into our recording database. Complimentary registrations are redeemable for any online continuing education course, excluding our continuing education subscription.
There is no limit to the types of call or scenario being reported, that could provide useful teaching content. Even instances of actions or outcomes deemed contrary to best practice can be useful when presented in context with relevant course material.
We’re not looking for the perfect call, we’re looking for opportunities to help our students grow.
Audio Submission Process
- Submissions must be authorized by the agency where the call originated.
- Agencies may submit files via file transfer using the form below. Submission of a recording does not automatically grant the sender a complimentary course registration.
- Within 10 business days of submission, the recording will be reviewed for suitability for training use and verification that a copy doesn’t already exist in PowerPhone’s archive database.
- If confirmed as suitable, the sending agency will be notified of the recordings acceptance and offered a course registration. Complimentary training registration must be used within 12 months from the date of issue. The offer may only be redeemed against registration for any online continuing education course, excluding the subscription course program.
- In the event of multiple recording submissions, a complimentary registration will be offered for each accepted individual call recording.
- The recording will be archived to the training database and any content that could identify the caller and or the agency will be removed, if it has not already been redacted by the submitting agency.